CHILDREN/YOUTH MINISTRIES COORDINATOR
The St. Albert Salvation Army
Church & Community Centre
This position gives leadership to our Children/Youth Ministries with the responsibility of providing discipleship and outreach ministry to children, youth, and families within the Church and local community.
This is a one year contract with the possibility of extension.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Christian Education for Children and Youth
- Plan, coordinate and teach Sunday School program and Messy Church
- Recruit and train youth leader/teacher volunteers/workers
- Lead Junior Soldiers lessons (program for children who have become junior members of the church)
- Children/Youth Leadership
- Working with Church and Community & Family Services create, plan, and lead children/youth, and family events and activities including Bible study and /or lessons throughout the year
- Working with the Summer Day Camp Coordinator plan and implement our weekly VBS summer children’s day camp including training, supervising, and working alongside day camp staff and volunteers
- Ensure budget parameters are met as established
- Maintain records of program participants and volunteers including any receiving of monies
- Participate, interact, and have regular communication with children/youth and families
- Ensure the safety of children/youth at all times; implementing and following procedures to ensure safety in the event of an emergency
- Inform the Pastors/Corps Officer(s) and/or Community Services Coordinator and subsequently document all pertinent issues involving children/youth, parents, volunteers, and/or staff
- Provide intake, assessment, and assistance to clients and their families as well as administrative support to Community and Family Services, if required
- Any other related duties that become apparent as the position and the ministry grows/expands
- Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministries/Education or 3-5 years of experience in child/youth ministry
- Knowledge of and able to work within the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army with a desire to be involved in a Christian ministry
- Ability to relate and connect well with children/youth and families
- Experience in recruiting and managing volunteers including providing oversight and direction to a team
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for excellence and high attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- A team player able to work in harmony with fellow staff, volunteers, children/youth, and their families
- An awareness of the necessity of confidentiality in dealing with fellow staff, volunteers, children/youth, and their families
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Successful Police and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Valid driver’s license and copy of a current driver’s abstract
Successful applicants must meet the requirements of the Employment and Social Development Canada Career Focus Work Experience Plan.Please submit your resume to:
St. Albert Salvation Army Church & Community Centre
165 Liberton Dr.
St. Albert, AB T8N 6A7
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Email: Joanne_ Cook@can.salvationarmy.org
Attention: Joanne Cook